Definition of overstaff
: to supply (something, such as a business) with too many staff members Flush with funding in the '60s, universities overstaffed their faculties.— Scott Stossel Don't overstaff, as attendees can get intimidated if they have to approach more than three staff.— Tim Stuart-Harris
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game