Definition of overspeculate
- overspeculated in real estate
- … this is exactly the sort of imbalance that brings on big crashes. Why? Because those few very rich folks tend to invest in those same too big to fail banks that, without regulation, are incentivized to overspeculate.
- —Jay Michaelson
- Whether it's a press release, a tweet, an offhand comment, a blurry set photo, fans can be sure to gobble it up immediately as canon and overspeculate as to its importance.
- —Kyle Warnke
- But let's not overspeculate before anything has really happened.
- —Colin Powell
overspeculationplay \ˌō-vər-ˌspe-kyə-ˈlā-shən\ noun
- He dismissed the rumors as overspeculation about his friendly greeting.
- —Monica Castillo
- … financial crises—binges of overspeculation followed by panic and then recession or depression …
- —Business Economics