Definition of overinvest
- Competitive firms keep expanding until they eventually overinvest.
- —Daniel Gressel
- … companies have overinvested in computers and communications networks.
- —Robert J. Samuelson
- Because many parents are overinvested in their children, they believe they have the right to opine about their offspring's career management, and to criticize them for not behaving the way they want them to.
- —Barbara Moses
- … gets overinvested in volunteering at the church when she and her husband … hit a rough spot …
- —Alyssa Rosenberg
overinvestmentplay \ˌō-vər-in-ˈvest-mənt\ noun, plural overinvestments
- Capitalist economies have a long history of overinvestment in hot new technologies.
- —Hal R. Varian
- … emotional overinvestment in a child's success.
- —Hara Estroff Marano