Definition of overinvest
2 transitive : to involve or engage (oneself) emotionally to an excessive degree —usually used in as overinvested in Because many parents are overinvested in their children, they believe they have the right to opine about their offspring's career management, and to criticize them for not behaving the way they want them to.— Barbara Moses… gets overinvested in volunteering at the church when she and her husband … hit a rough spot …— Alyssa Rosenberg
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game