Definition of overhead man
1 : an electrician in a motion picture studio who plugs lighting, camera, sound, and telephone circuits into the power connection boxes located in the grid of the studio
— called also grid man
2 : an operator of an electric bridge crane
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game