Definition of overexpectation
: unreasonably or unrealistically hopeful expectation : the act or state of expecting too much in a given situation They are bracing voters for a long and perhaps difficult hike from here to prosperity, cautioning them against overexpectations.— Bob Deans … there's certainly no overexpectation or complacency.— Graham Henry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game