Definition of overexpectation
: unreasonably or unrealistically hopeful expectation : the act or state of expecting too much in a given situation They are bracing voters for a long and perhaps difficult hike from here to prosperity, cautioning them against overexpectations.— Bob Deans … there's certainly no overexpectation or complacency.— Graham Henry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game