Definition of overembellish
- overembellish a story
- He overembellished his accomplishments.
- … doesn't overembellish her melody lines as relentlessly as many of her peers do.
- —Edna Gundersen et al.
- … there is left but little wall surface to give the impression of dignity and serenity which a great structure should convey, so we are tempted to overembellish these buildings with ornament …
- —Cass Gilbert
- … the sesame blini need work. So do the entrees, which tend to be overworked and overembellished …
- —Alison Cook
- He's a bit of an intellectual cook, perhaps, and has a tendency to overembellish with too many ingredients.
- —S. Irene Virbila
overembellishmentplay \ˌō-vər-im-ˈbe-lish-mənt\ noun, plural overembellishments
- Executive chef David Ross has a tendency toward overembellishment. His best dishes are the simplest ones.
- —The Boston Herald