Definition of overcoach
: to coach (someone) to an excessive degree The local coaches there, they send me the game film, and I'll tell him what's right and what's wrong without trying to overcoach him …— Fred Taylor After several of the losses, he took the blame. He said he was overcoaching. He said his team was giving a good effort.— Jeffrey Klein … the best little boy performance I've ever seen in an American film. He doesn't come across as an overcoached professional kid …— Roger Ebert
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game