Definition of overcoach
: to coach (someone) to an excessive degree The local coaches there, they send me the game film, and I'll tell him what's right and what's wrong without trying to overcoach him …— Fred Taylor After several of the losses, he took the blame. He said he was overcoaching. He said his team was giving a good effort.— Jeffrey Klein … the best little boy performance I've ever seen in an American film. He doesn't come across as an overcoached professional kid …— Roger Ebert
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game