Definition of overassessment
- If anyone has had to sell their [condo] units for a loss, that has … to do with speculation, and overassessment of what the units were actually worth.
- —Brent Toderian
- Appeals coming from the neighborhood are expected to alert the tax assessor to the neighborhood's overassessment, causing assessments to be lowered in the following year.
- —Keith R. Ihlanfeldt
- … made an error in its measurements of the … property, which resulted in an overassessment of about $24 million.
- —Damon Lawrence
overassessplay \ˌō-vər-ə-ˈses, -a-\ transitive verb, overassessed; overassessing
- Experts estimate that between 30 to 60 percent of taxable property is overassessed.
- —Barry Sharpe
- … the properties of some predominantly minority school districts were overassessed an average of 27 percent …
- —Matt Clark
- … a large condo tower full of overassessed units.
- —Aaron Elstein