Definition of overanxiety
: an excessive amount or degree of anxiety a nervous musician's overanxiety about their performance If you begin to feel unwell during an examination, it may be as a result of overanxiety, which can overwhelm a student.— Brian Mooney … one fell overboard in his overanxiety to board the dinghy. — The Hamilton (Ontario) Spectator
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game