outrivaled or outrivalled; outrivaling or outrivalling
Definition of outrival
: to outdo in a competition or rivalry Due to debut June 30, Apple's new music-streaming service will try to outrival Spotify for your listening pleasure.— Lance Whitney
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?