out of shapeidiom
Definition of out of shape
1 : not in the usual shape The bike's rim was all out of shape. : so as not to be in the usual shape The wire cage was all twisted out of shape.
2 : not in a physically strong and healthy condition out of shape from lack of exercise
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game