out of practiceidiom
Definition of out of practice
: not having done or practiced something with the result that one's skills are not as good as they once were I used to be pretty good at playing the piano, but I'm out of practice now.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?