Definition of other man
: a man with whom a married woman has an affair —usually used with the E.G. Marshall plays a man who, believing himself cuckolded, plants a bomb in his own basement to destroy the Mrs. and the other man.— Mike Flaherty
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?