Definition of ostensible partner
: one who holds himself out as a member of an actual partnership or one apparently existing or consenting to the partners or apparent partners representing him as such though as between themselves he is no partner : a partner by estoppel and liable as such to those relying thereon
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game