orom·e·ter | \ ȯˈrämətə(r)\
Definition of orometer
: an aneroid barometer having a second scale that gives the approximate elevation above sea level of the place where the observation is made
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game