oriental fruit mothnoun
Definition of oriental fruit moth
: a small nearly cosmopolitan moth (Grapholita molesta synonym Cydia molesta) probably of Japanese origin whose larva is injurious to the twigs and fruit of orchard trees and especially the peach
— called also oriental peach moth
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game