order of a reactionnoun
Definition of order of a reaction
: a number that relates the rate of a chemical reaction with the concentrations of the reacting substances : the sum of all the exponents of the terms expressing concentrations of the molecules or atoms determining the rate of the reaction — compare first-order reaction, second-order reaction, third-order reaction, zero-order reaction, molecularity
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game