Definition of orange rockfish
: a rockfish (Sebastodes pinniger) found from Puget Sound to southern California that becomes two feet long, is olive gray blotched with orange shading to grayish white below, and is a common market fish
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game