Definition of oral disc
1 : lophophore
2 : the more or less flattened upper or free end of the body bearing the mouth in its center and tentacles near or at its border in most polyps
3 : the sucker-bordered mouth of some trematode worms
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?