opus la·te·ri·ci·um | \ -ˌlatəˈrikēəm, -ishē-\
variants: or opus lateritium \ -ˌlatəˈritēəm , -ishē- \
plural opera latericia or opera lateritia\ -ēə \
Definition of opus latericium
: masonry of bricks or tiles of baked clay laid in mortar and much used in Greco-Roman building for the facing of walls in stone masonry
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game