Definition of optical wedge
: a graded sheet or block (as of glass or film on which is coated a layer of neutral or colored substance varying progressively in transmittance with distance along the sheet) for reducing the intensity of light or radiation gradually or in steps
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?