plural opisthonephroi\ -ˌfrȯi \
Definition of opisthonephros
: the adult kidney of animals (as some amphibians) that are commonly considered mesonephric as adults, resembling but not identical to the embryonic mesonephros
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?