open someone's eyesidiom
Definition of open someone's eyes
: to cause someone to notice or be aware of something important The experience really opened his eyes and changed the way he felt about his life. —often + to It's time they opened their eyes to the truth.His film helped open people's eyes to the problem.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game