open a Pandora's boxidiom
Definition of open a Pandora's box
: to cause many troubles and problems Her parents are understandably afraid of opening a Pandora's box if they buy her a car.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game