once upon a timeidiom
Definition of once upon a time
: at some time in the past He was a famous actor once upon a time.
Note: Once upon a time is the traditional way to begin a fairy tale.Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Snow White.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game