Definition of on-glide
: a glide produced by the movement of the vocal organs to the articulatory position of a speech sound from a position of inactivity or from the articulatory position of an immediately preceding speech sound — see off-glide
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game