on the/someone's/something's way outidiom
Definition of on the/someone's/something's way out
1 : leaving a place or position Would you mind closing the door on your way out? There are rumors that the superintendent of schools is on the way out.
2 : becoming no longer popular He incorrectly predicted that the Internet would be on its way out within three years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game