on the/someone's/something's way outidiom
Definition of on the/someone's/something's way out
1 : leaving a place or position Would you mind closing the door on your way out? There are rumors that the superintendent of schools is on the way out.
2 : becoming no longer popular He incorrectly predicted that the Internet would be on its way out within three years.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game