on someone's good/bad sideidiom
Definition of on someone's good/bad side
: doing things that cause someone to like or dislike one She tries to keep/stay on her boss's good side by finishing all of her work on time. Trust me. You don't want to get on his bad side.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game