on someone's accountidiom
Definition of on someone's account
: because of someone : in order to please someone Don't leave on our account. You didn't have to clean your room on my account. I don't care if your room is dirty.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game