on someone's shouldersidiom
Definition of on someone's shoulders
: being something that is someone's to deal with The burden of proof is on his shoulders. The responsibility for the failure falls on her shoulders.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game