Definition of on parade
1 : shown or displayed especially in a way that attracts attention or notice Her new diamond engagement ring was on parade for all her friends to stare at. It was getting to be violence on parade all day long on network TV.
2 of soldiers : marching or standing in a military parade (a ceremonial formation of a body of troops before a superior officer or other important person)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game