on a small/tight/shoestring budgetidiom
Definition of on a small/tight/shoestring budget
: involving a relatively small amount of money for planned spending She started her business on a small/tight/shoestring budget and could not afford to overspend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game