on a moment's/minute's noticeidiom
Definition of on a moment's/minute's notice
: immediately after one has been told about something They're prepared to help us on a moment's notice. They can be ready to go on a moment's notice.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game