Definition of olive ridley
: a relatively small sea turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea) that has a uniformly olive-colored carapace and is found along coasts and in the open sea of the tropical parts of the Pacific, Indian, and Atlantic oceans
— called also olive ridley turtle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game