Definition of olive ridley
: a relatively small sea turtle (Lepidochelys olivacea) that has a uniformly olive-colored carapace and is found along coasts and in the open sea of the tropical parts of the Pacific, Indian, and Atlantic oceans
— called also olive ridley turtle
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game