Definition of olive plum
1 : the fruit of a shrub or tree of the genus Elaeodendron (family Celastraceae) having simple leathery leaves, small greenish or white flowers in axillary clusters, and a drupaceous fruit
2 : a tree of the genus Elaeodendron
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game