Definition of old china
1 : a moderate blue that is greener and duller than average copen or Dresden blue and redder and less strong than azurite blue
2 : a grayish blue that is redder and paler than electric, less strong and slightly redder than copenhagen, and redder and stronger than Gobelin
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?