variants: or office-group ballot \ ˈ⸗⸗ˌ⸗- \
Definition of office-block ballot
: an Australian ballot on which the names of candidates with or without party labels are grouped under the titles of the offices to be filled — compare indiana ballot , massachusetts ballot
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?