occur tophrasal verb
Definition of occur to
: to be thought of by (someone) An idea just occurred to me. It suddenly occurred to her that there was a simpler way to deal with the problem. Did it never occur to you to ask for help?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game