variants: or less commonly oak leaf goosefoot
Definition of oak-leaved goosefoot
: an annual European goosefoot (Chenopodium glaucum) that has leaves farinose beneath with inflated white hairs and greenish flowers in axillary or terminal spikes and that is common as a weed in the northern part of the U.S. and Canada
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game