nu·ra·ghe | \ nüˈrägā\
plural nuraghi\ -gē \ or nuraghes
Definition of nuraghe
: a large stone structure of Sardinia built in the shape of a truncated cone and held to date from the bronze age the nuraghi … are easily the equal of the sphinx in mystery and grandeur— P. E. Deutschman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game