not·tur·no | \ nəˈtu̇r(ˌ)nō, nōˈ-\
plural notturni\ -(ˌ)nē \
Definition of notturno
1 : an 18th century piece for an instrumental group composed in several movements and resembling the serenade or divertimento
2 : nocturne
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?