notice of dishonor
Definition of notice of dishonor
: a notice by the holder to the drawer and each endorser of a negotiable bill or note that has been dishonored with failure to give such notice to any person liable generally discharging the obligation of that person
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?