nothing less thanidiom
Definition of nothing less than
1 —used to give emphasis to a description The idea is nothing less than revolutionary.
2 —used to say that something is the least that a situation, person, etc., requires or will accept He demands nothing less than the best service.I want nothing less than a full refund!This job requires nothing less than our best effort.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game