nothing less thanidiom
Definition of nothing less than
1 —used to give emphasis to a description The idea is nothing less than revolutionary.
2 —used to say that something is the least that a situation, person, etc., requires or will accept He demands nothing less than the best service.I want nothing less than a full refund!This job requires nothing less than our best effort.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Registering the Politics of 'Register'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/11/19
- Minding 'Never mind' and 'Nevermind'
- A Brief on 'Brief' and 'Debrief'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game