not to put too fine a point on itidiom
Definition of not to put too fine a point on it
—used in an ironic way to introduce a very strong and usually critical statement Not to put too fine a point on it, (but) his suggestions have been worthless.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game