not make head or/nor tail ofidiom
variants: or US not make heads or/nor tails (out) of
Definition of not make head or/nor tail of
: to be unable to understand (something) I couldn't make heads or tails of her reaction. His handwriting was so bad that we couldn't make heads or tails out of it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?