not like the sound of (something)idiom
Definition of not like the sound of (something)
: to not like the idea of what is suggested by (something said or described) : to feel that what is suggested sounds bad or serious "The doctor says my case is unusual." "I don't like the sound of that."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game