not for (someone) to (do something)idiom
Definition of not for (someone) to (do something)
: not the right or duty of (someone) to (do something) It is not for you to say that she can't go. That's not for me to decide.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game